Friday, March 6, 2009

Random House Germany Will Publish A Taste for Red!

Is this old news? Kind of...
It was almost a year ago that the deal was in the works. And I was thrilled, of course--who wouldn't be? I never dreamed Svetlana Grimm would make her way beyond the English language. But the wheels of publishing can move at a glacial pace. Not much happened in the past year. Then this week I received, signed, and sent off the contracts! Yay! Now I'm one step closer to laying claim to the title International Author. The idea makes me salivate like Homer Simpson over a donut. I think it will be terrific to have a copy of my own book in a language that I can't even read. Now that's the height of excitement.
Will the title of the book be A Taste for Red? Or will it be the original title: Svetlana Grimm and the Circle of Red? Will the cover art be different? I don't have a clue, but I'm looking forward to finding out!
My heart swells with love for all things German. Maybe tonight I'll go for some wienerschnitzel and throw a Herzog flick in the DVD player. That sounds just about perfect.

No comments: