Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Audio and Egg News

On the book front: Random House is ready to begin production this month on the audio book edition of A TASTE FOR RED. The production will take place at studios in Los Angeles --which, however misplaced, makes me feel all "Hollywoody" inside. The book will be read by Jacklyn Gaines, and I can't wait to hear the results! The audio release is scheduled for June 23, 2009 --which is about a week after the hardcover debut.

And Easter has come and gone...
I'm still scratching at the scrapes and bites suffered during the course of the egg hunt. The obvious evidence of the bee sting to my forehead has completely disappeared. My face still looks a bit off, but that's mostly genetics, I think. I do have to applaud the folks charged with hiding the eggs --they took their task quite seriously. In fact, 3 of the 61 eggs remain undiscovered.

And libraries around the country have started ordering editions of A TASTE FOR RED! Google postings reveal that hardcover, audio, and digital versions of the book will eventually be making their way into the hands of unsuspecting readers! It's very exciting. So far, the majority of readers have been adults --and the feedback has been terrific! But what will young readers think? I'm both eager and nervous to find out...

My niece loved it --but she has too.

No comments: