Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Taste For Red Down Under

Here are some things (off the top of my head) that I like about Australia: Baz Luhrmann, Mel Gibson, George Miller, Nicole Kidman, Guy Pearce, David Gulpilil---and I could go on, but you get the idea: most of what I know about Australia can be rented at Blockbuster. Is this my fault? Probably. But if I try...I think I can name all the territories: Queensland, New South Wales, (um........) Victoria, (um.......) Northwest Territory, Southern Territory, (um.........) Tazmania, (um.......)(um.......)(um.......)
Okay--I can't think of anymore. So now it's time to Google and see where I went wrong!
(minutes later)
Hey--not too bad. I forgot Australian Capital Territory (it only looks as big as my little toenail), and I falsely merged Northern Territory and Western Australia into one. And misspelled Tasmania. And I called South Australia 'Southern Territory'--is that bad? So maybe I didn't do so well, either.
But I've recently discovered another nice thing about Australia: Tania McCartney. She's given my book a terrific write up on Australian Women Online. So check it out .

No comments: